A nice soak in the bath tub and showering is really a relaxing experience and a time to reflect in our lives as well, but with every good stuff sometimes has an equivalent bad stuff like SOAP SCUM! Removing them from our shower walls and bath tub is a painstaking task to do and time consuming as well. It’s a mixture of hard water, soap, body gunk and it’s a home for bacteria! There was a saying that prevention is better than cure so why not try this quick tips in removing and preventing the buildup in the future.
1. BORAX- 1 cup of borax, 2 Tbs. dish washing detergent, 1-2 cups of water
2. BAKING SODA- 1 cup of baking soda, 1 Tbs. dish washing detergent (or 1 squirt!), 1-2 cups of water
3. VINEGAR- 4 cups of white vinegar, 4 cups water, 1 Tbs. dish washing detergent
4. AMMONIA- 1 cups of ammonia, 2 cups water
How to use: mix everything to a paste like consistency (for borax and baking soda), using a soft bristle brush apply the solution on the affected area. Let it sit for 15 mins then start scrubbing and rinse off with warm water and dry it of using a squeegee or a soft cloth to remove remaining soap scum.
If the options above fails you can also use a pumice stone or paint scraper, just be sure you are using a lot of water to avoid scratches on the surface you are working on
Since we are done removing the existing scum here are some tips how to avoid them
1. Switch from bar soap to liquid soap
2. Always dry off the tub, walls and shower door after every shower; you can use a squeegee or a soft and absorbent cloth for this
3. Apply some lemon oil on the tub and the door once every two weeks so that its harder for water and build up to seep in.
2014. Another year in the history books. What will 2015 hold? Who knows. Look back on all the challenges you overcame. The odds you beat. The friends you made. The battles you fought. The laughs you enjoyed. The travels you made.
What is it about a New Year that brings out the renewed discovery in each of us? That is a question for the ages. But, when we take a new step into that new unwritten year let us make that step with a clear mind and dare I say…..a clean house?
Start that New Year off right with a spotless home with our fantastic services. So after you pop that cork and down the bubbly why not pick up the phone and dial (404) 939-8572 and make this the cleanest year ever!
Christmas and New Years can be overwhelming. Families, friends, and well wishers crowd our homes to spread Christmas cheer. However, they also spread dirt, mud, ice slush onto our clean floors! We sit down to a nice home cooked meal only to be met with a mountain of dishes with the mashed potatoes slowly drying on the plates. Glasses with egg nog rings in the bottom and bathrooms that have seen better days.
We love to celebrate, enjoy good food and drinks, and have a wonderful festive home but most of us would rather leave the cleanup to someone else. Well, now you can. With our dedicated and experienced team of professionals we can turn that dirty kitchen, living room, bathroom and any other part of your home back into the pristine shape it should be. So why not enjoy this Christmas season and leave the cleaning to us? Call us at (404) 939-8572.
Dirty dishes, sticky floors, wrapping paper that litters the floor like snow. Egg nog has dried in the cups, stale cookies laying on the table, snow tracked wet carpets. Yes, it is the dreaded post Christmas Clean Up. After we enjoy our Christmas dinner, drinks and fun with friends we are left with a massive cleaning project.
Here are just a few tips on making holiday cleaning a lot bearable.
1. When wounding up Christmas lights or garlands you can avoid tangles by using empty gift wrap rolls.
2. Received the same gift you already own? You can donate the older one to charity. You are not
just freeing space but also helping out to those who are in need
3. When sorting out ornaments you should start with the precious ones ffirst then to the larger ones. Less stress in breaking valuable pieces too!
4.Store your decor in boxes with clear and specific labels so you can easily find what you are looking for next holiday season.
5. If you have spare wrapping paper you can keep that and put it in the tube where it came from then put a label.
The Christmas Season can be stressful enough, why add to it? Start the New Year with a clean and pristine home. Make your New Year’s resolution to no longer be bogged down with a dirty house again! Pick up the phone and call us now. We provide helpful and friendly staff that can help to whip your home into shape. We offer an extensive array of cleaning options to ensure your home smells of cinnamon nutmeg and spice and nothing else!
Bed bugs are one of the most annoying guests that stay in our homes. They are irritating, hard to find, and super small. It being the size of an apple seed and with flat bodies with brownish color make them ideal to hide in tiny cracks at the side of our beds, bags or even couches where its very easy for them to bite us during the night. Over a period of time this unwanted guest may spread through not only in our homes but even in our neighborhoods.
How would you know if your home is being invaded by this pesky little visitors? Well there are a few signs you can check like blood stains on your pillows and sheets. dark rusty spots of bed bug excretion, bed bug fecal spots or egg shells and even their musty smell is a sign.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of bed bugs.
1. Clean your bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. You can place stuffed animals, shoes, and other things that can’t be washed in the dryer on high for 30 minutes.
2.Brushing the sides and seams of your mattress using a stiff cleaning brush will remove the bed bugs before vacuuming. do this frequently on your mattress and also in surrounding areas of the bed wherever there is an infestation.
3. Since bed bugs can last up to a year without feeding. you can encase your mattress with a plastic airtight cover for at least a year,., just to be sure that the bed bugs are killed
4.Remove clutter around the bed and fix or glue peeling wall paper back in place.
Removing your old mattress and replacing it without clearing your home of these insects is not effective.Since treating them normally requires chemicals its better to seek professional help for extermination.